Sunday, October 31, 2010

I Don't care if it Rains or Freezes...

In the Detroit Freepress Matt Helms wrote an article describing how lawmakers would like to legalize hanging items from rearview mirrors.  Even though it really doesn’t matter because everyone still does.  They are thinking to rewrite it so it only bans big items like fuzzy dice from your rearview, but small items are okay.

The quote I most agree with was what Sen. Ron Jelinek said, “I call it a ‘gotcha’ law.  It’s an excuse to pull someone over”.   The ban really is useless because no one follows it anyways people put graduation tassels, air freshners, rosaries and other things that are special to them already on their mirror.  So, the ban is just an excuse for police to pull you over and give you ticket and no one wants that.
 
My papa used to sing a song that had the following lyrics "I don't care if it rains or freezes as long as I have my plastic Jesus".  The song was about how having his plastic Jesus with him made him feel safe regardless of driving conditions.  Many people feel the same way and they like to hang things that are special to them like rosaries, graduation tassels, or even saints from their rear view mirror.  I think that people should be allowed to hang whatever is special to them if it makes them feel better, but as long as it doesn't effect their view of the road.   

No comments:

Post a Comment